CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society is looking to hire two individuals for the positions of CJSW Funding Drive Coordinator. One coordinator will be hired for one, eight-week contract and the other coordinator one, four-week contract.
The annual CJSW Funding Drive is an award-winning fundraising event for CJSW 90.9 FM. Each year for one week in October CJSW works to engage listeners and gain their financial support. It is a vital part of the station’s funding, and a highly anticipated annual event that kicks off
The Funding Drive Coordinator position is entirely dedicated to the Funding Drive and all activities surrounding the week of the drive itself. The Funding Drive Coordinator will also liaise with local businesses, coordinate volunteers, and plan both the opening and closing events.
These are fast-paced, challenging and fun roles. Both positions are full-time jobs, with some work in the evenings and weekends required. The Funding Drive Coordinators will generally keep office hours from Tuesday until Saturday. The rate of pay is $16.50 per hour based on a 37.5-hour work week.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Community Development Coordinator and Station Manager to plan and execute the 2018 CJSW Funding Drive.
- Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to fill volunteer positions throughout the Drive.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns to inform the public about the CJSW Funding Drive and the other fundraising events.
- Contacting local Friends businesses throughout Calgary and collecting pledge incentives.
- Organizing and maintaining the inventory of CJSW merchandise and incentives.
- Maintaining donor database software with all CJSW Funding Drive contributors, and training volunteers on its use.
- Being a station ambassador when speaking to local businesses
- Creating a very positive donor experience for our supporters
- Organizing mail-outs for previous donors
- Mailing out pledge incentives to donors
- Other duties as assigned
- Exemplary time-management skills.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate tasks and responsibilities for volunteers.
- Post-secondary education in arts or non-profit studies a strong asset.
- Previous non-profit or fundraising experience an asset, although the position is intended to provide experience in the fundraising field.
- Comfort working with budgets.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, and experience working in a Mac environment is considered an asset.
- Web experience in design and editing is considered an asset.
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is considered an asset.
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment and a decent wage.
**Application Deadline:** Friday, September 21st, 2018 at 17:00 **Position Start Date:** Monday, October 1st, 2018 for the eight-week contract
Monday, October 8th, 2018 for the four-week contract **Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.**
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.