CJSW Radio is developing a new concert calendar website that will list all the events happening in the city of Calgary. This listings site will serve the public in finding opportunities to engage with the artistic and cultural events happening in town.
The intern selected for this opportunity will be trained to oversee and develop the content for this new service. Their duties will include:
- Training local cultural establishments on how to use the new system to input their event listings.
- Editing and approving listings for quality control.
- Developing systems for this information to be used in print publications that want to print the listings on a weekly basis.
- Training new station volunteers on how to use the system to maintain succession and stability at the end of the internship.
The position is funded through the YMCA’s Digital Skills Youth Internship Program. The successful applicant will be paid $16.00/hour for 16 weeks of fulltime work. They must also meet the following criteria:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive)
- A post-secondary graduate and can provide proof (2 yrs minimum) of college or university
- Unemployed or underemployed at the time of placement
- Able to commit to a full time internship
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
- NOT in receipt of employment insurance (EI) benefits (at time of hire); or has NOT received employment insurance (EI) benefits in the last 24 months (2 years).
- In need of assistance in order to overcome employment barriers
Application Deadline: Friday, September 4, 2015.
Position Start Date: Monday, September 21, 2015
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.