CJSW Radio is Calgary’s only campus & community radio station. With over 100 shows in more than 10 languages, 7 staff and over 300 volunteers, we bring diverse voices from throughout the community to speak with passion about issues that are important to you each and every day. We increase the profile of local, independent artists and organizations by dropping their tracks, hosting them on our programs, and announcing their events. We tell stories that you won’t hear anywhere else, and we strengthen relationships among the arts, business, intellectual, and cultural communities and the audiences they are looking to reach.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Donor Database Administrator. Reporting to the Marketing & Development Director & Station Manager, the Donor Database Administrator will play a crucial role in helping research, plan, coordinate, and execute donor management activities for CJSW Radio.
- Research and implement a CRM database that meets the needs of CJSW Radio’s development activities, striving for accuracy and completeness of gift and biographical information.
- Participate in donor entries as needed, during times of high volume.
- Identify areas of “unclean” data, and create a work plan to systematically enhance, or “clean up” existing data.
- Develop and continually improve policies and procedures on entering, extracting and interpreting data for efficiency and efficacy.
- Create, revise and maintain manuals and other resource materials needed for staff trainings as well as provides said staff training.
- Utilize the database to perform queries, create and update data and reports that present information on prospects and donors.
This position is supported by the Digital Skills for Youth program. DS4Y is an initiative of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada. It is part of the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy and aligns with the government’s Innovation and Skills Plan, a multi-year plan to make Canada a world leader in innovation and create well-paying middle-class jobs.
- 15-30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Not in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI)
- Self-assess as underemployed, either employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employment
- Has completed a diploma or degree
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, for the duration of the internship
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Refugee
NOTE: Students currently pursuing post-secondary studies are not be eligible and those on post-graduation work permits are not eligible
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills.
- A general understanding of CJSW Radio and its activities.
- Advanced knowledge of CRM databases is required.
- Knowledge of Shopify or other online sales platforms is considered an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, detail-oriented, able to work under pressure.
- Ability to work at a high level, both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be proficient in excel and able to grasp concepts and skills related to an advanced donor management system
- Strong business and technology acumen, analytical expertise and execution skills.
To apply, please forward your resume & cover letter in confidence to Adam Kamis at email@example.com.
Deadline to apply is Friday, September 13 at 5:00pm. Please state the position you are applying for. No phone calls please. We thank all interested applicants in advance, but will only be contacting those selected for an interview.