CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society is looking to hire an individual for the position of Funding Drive Coordinator. This position is for a four-week contract.
The annual CJSW Funding Drive is an award-winning fundraising event for CJSW 90.9 FM. Each year for one week in October CJSW works to engage listeners and gain their financial support. It is a vital part of the station’s funding, and a highly anticipated annual telethon event that kicks off on Friday, October 18th and runs until Friday, October 25th 2019.
The Funding Drive Coordinator position is entirely dedicated to the Funding Drive and all activities surrounding the weeks leading up to, during and after telethon. The Funding Drive Coordinator will also liaise with local businesses, coordinate volunteers, and support associated Funding Drive events.
This is a fast-paced, challenging and fun role. This position will require flexibility to work in the evenings and weekends, especially during the 2019 CJSW Funding Drive. The rate of pay is $16.50 per hour based on a 37.5-hour work week.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager to plan and execute the 2019 CJSW Funding Drive.
- Working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to fill volunteer positions throughout the Drive.
- Design and implement marketing campaigns to inform the public about the CJSW Funding Drive and the other fundraising events.
- Contacting local Friends businesses throughout Calgary and collecting pledge incentives.
- Organizing and maintaining the inventory of CJSW merchandise and incentives.
- Maintaining donor database software with all CJSW Funding Drive contributors, and training volunteers on its use.
- Being a station ambassador when speaking to local businesses
- Creating a very positive donor experience for our supporters
- Organizing mail-outs for donors
- Mailing out pledge incentives to donors
- Other duties as assigned
- Exemplary time-management skills.
- Very strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Ability to delegate and coordinate tasks and responsibilities for volunteers.
- Post-secondary education in arts or non-profit studies a strong asset.
- Previous non-profit or fundraising experience an asset, although the position is intended to provide experience in the fundraising field.
- Comfort working with budgets.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, and experience working in a Mac environment is considered an asset.
- Web experience in design and editing is considered an asset.
- Graphic design experience with Adobe Creative Cloud is considered an asset.
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment and a decent wage.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 20, 2019 at 5:00pm
Position Start Date: Monday, October 7, 2019
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.