CJSW Radio, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community radio stations, is looking for a Station Manager to handle all of its business operations.
• Management and oversight of all aspects and operations of CJSW
• Provide leadership, supervision and guidance to the staff and 300+ volunteers.
• Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of all permanent, contract and temporary staff.
• Maintain strong working relationships with advertisers, community partners and funding agencies.
• Manage the Society’s continued financial health, including budget development, grant procurement, the student levy, casinos and the annual Funding Drive.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable CRTC and Industry Canada regulations.
• Oversee strategic development and execution of the station’s short and long term goals.
• Act as an ex-officio member of the UCSRS Board of Directors.
• Thorough knowledge, experience and appreciation of all aspects of noncommercial radio, from music to news and spoken word programming to developments in radio broadcast technologies and knowledge of CRTC regulations.
• Experience managing a non-profit organization and supervising staff and volunteers.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and decision-making skills.
• A strong work ethic and exemplary organizational and time-management skills.
• Fundraising and grant-writing experience.
• Experience with budget management, audited financial statements and accounting, plus an understanding of payroll and HR management services.
• Advanced computer and radio/audio production skills are ideal.
• Post-secondary education is an asset.
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a starting salary of $47,000 and some lovely benefits.
Application deadline: Wednesday June 21, 5:00 pm MST. Apply by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.