CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is hiring for the position of Volunteer Coordinator for a two-year contract.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, a natural team-builder, a motivated and innovative self-starter, and have an interest in enabling CJSW’s diverse and ever-changing volunteer membership to thrive in a truly unique environment. This position requires strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent communication, both verbal and written, patience, and a good sense of humour.
The Volunteer Coordinator position will start as soon as possible and is contracted for a period of two years. This position is based on a 37.5 hour work week that generally follows a Tuesday-Saturday cycle. The successful candidate must have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Station Manager.
This position will entail:
– Working with other CJSW staff to engage, manage and lead 250+ volunteers of varying backgrounds and experience levels.
– Working with staff and senior volunteers to develop volunteer recruitment, intake and training systems.
– Performing daily reception tasks such as answering phones, greeting visitors, giving tours of the station, and processing Funding Drive pledges.
– Developing talent and dedication within the volunteer base, and working with all CJSW staff to foster rewarding volunteer opportunities.
– Collaborating with all departments on how to effectively motivate CJSW’s volunteer-led Executive.
– Engaging with staff and volunteers to effectively utilize CJSW’s volunteer management software, Better Impact.
– Working with all departments to utilize volunteers to help plan, prepare and execute events.
– Preparing reports on volunteer activity, engagement and recognition.
– Understanding the culture of CJSW, and act as the front-line representative of the organization to volunteers and guests.
– Other duties as required.
– A clear and accurate understanding of CJSW’s culture, and our impact in the Calgary community.
– Experience with volunteer-powered environments.
– Strong organizational, administrative and leadership skills are a must.
– Proven mentorship and event-management experience is an asset.
– Post-secondary education is an asset but is not required.
– Ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
– An interest in underground music or alternative media is an asset.
– Conflict resolution and people management skills.
– Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with many types of people.
In return for your extraordinary talents, we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
Monday, March 26th at 5:00 PM.
Position Start Date:
Early April 2018. Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.