Do you LOVE funding drive? Me too! I’m super stoked for tomorrow’s second annual Soap Box Almanac Funding Drive Superstravaganza! Kate and I are getting dressed up nice (business-like!), and we’re gonna try our damnedest to drum up 50 pledges of support for CJSW.
The best reason to pledge is supporting CJSW and helping us build it into something even more awesome. But just in case you need some extra enticement to pledge, here are a few extra-juicy carrots (pun intended – see below!), exclusive to the Soap Box Almanac, and only available during our show tomorrow:
- Every single pledge to our show gets a free, one-year subscription to the award-winning Alberta Views Magazine, whose content is featured once a month on the Soap Box Derby. Holy smokes!
- Kate, Matt and myself have compiled some of our favourite tracks from the past year on to a killer mix CD.
- Custom Charmer’s Almanac t-shirts designed by Matt and Kate.
- I’ve been busily knitting for the last few months, and have made a series of completely unique hand-knit beer cozies (coozies? you know what I mean). They’re well-built, durable, and guaranteed to keep your cold drinks cold, your hot drinks hot, and your fingers precisely the right temperature.
(There’s one more cozy that I just finished today. It’s kind of rasta-themed but you’ll have to use your imagination!)
- A super-fine, handcrafted salt-glazed casserole dish, donated by my good pal, lover of radio, and strong supporter of CJSW, Natasha Kuzmak.
- A wicked-awesome giant carrot sign, emblazoned with lyrics from a Beastie Boys song, donated by my good friend and sign-man-about-town, known only as “Pancake”
- Commercial CD’s, dribs and drabs, and mystery souvenirs and trinkets from our travels – tune in Thursday for more information!
- A chance to win one of two GRAND PRIZES: a custom knit toque and mitts by yours truly, or a harvest feast for you and a friend, hosted by Matt and prepared by the Soap Box Almanac triumvirate! Every multiple of $25 pledged on our show gets your name in the hat once – we’ll draw in late November and first name out of the hat gets first choice, second name drawn gets what’s left. Last year my buddy Kim won the knitting, and look how happy it made her!
Hopefully this inspires y’all to get the lead out and pledge your support to CJSW – a vital, vibrant part of our community, an increasingly rare strong and independent voice in media, and a true alternative to other ways of making radio. Help us remain relevant and world-class by pledging your support this Thursday. You can pledge to our show by calling 403.220.5000 during the show on Thursday morning, or by pledging online any time and specifying our show (“Soap Box Almanac” – or “Soapbox Almanac”, or “Charmer’s Almanac”, or “Soapbox Derby”, etc…..) at checkout.