CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire seven positions over the course of this year’s eligibility period.
These positions are limited to Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Campus Outreach Coordinator. The Campus Outreach Coordinator will work to build CJSW’s presence with University of Calgary students, student groups and organizations. The Campus Outreach Coordinator will need to be able to adapt their strategies for both online and in person settings. The successful candidate will work closely with all CJSW staff and will be reporting to the Volunteer Coordinator and Station Manager.
Term: 9 weeks at 30 hours per week. Applications will be accepted from August 4th, 2021 to 12pm on August 20th, 2021 with work ideally commencing on the week of September 1st, 2021.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Act as an ambassador to the University of Calgary community on behalf of CJSW.
• Work to create volunteer engagement, broadcast-worthy content and more with University of Calgary students.
• Host training and recruitment workshops.
• Create campus engagement processes and student volunteer retainment strategies.
• Collaborate with other campus media outlets and student clubs for content creation.
• Other duties as required.
• A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills.
• A general understanding of CJSW and its activities.
• A general understanding of UCalgary and campus life.
• Knowledge and understanding of audio production.
• Comfortable with public speaking, both online and in person.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative, or another creative editing software is considered an asset.
• Experience and comfort with photography and videography is considered an asset.
• Exceptional verbal and written skills.
• Ability to work at a high level, both independently and in a team environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, August 23rd, 2021.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).