CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient of funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient of funding, CJSW will hire seven positions over the course of this year’s eligibility period.
These positions are limited to Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Community Outreach Coordinator. This position will play a crucial role in developing, implementing and organizing outreach initiatives for CJSW Radio, as well as online opportunities. The successful candidate will report to CJSW’s Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager.
Term: 9 weeks at 30 hours per week. Applications will be accepted from May 13th, 2021 to 12pm on May 21st, 2021 with work ideally commencing on the week of June 1st, 2021.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation for, and attendance at, outreach events taking place virtually and physically, developing our audience and communicating our offerings.
- Identify potential outreach partnerships with community organizations, building internal mailing lists and execute mailings for outreach campaigns.
- Contribute to the production and distribution of all outreach and promotional materials, including program guides, event handbills, posters, booklets, signage, and other marketing collateral as needed.
- Assist in the development of an online community engagement strategy.
- Work with the Marketing & Development Director on CJSW’s Friends Card program.
- Other duties as required.
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills.
- A passion and interest in community development and engagement.
- A general understanding of CJSW and its activities.
- Skills in word processing and spreadsheet software (Google Drive, MS Office) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience and comfort with photography and videography would be considered an asset.
- High-level skills in verbal and written communication, volunteer leadership, and organization and time management.
- Preparedness to work with culturally diverse groups, organizations, and volunteers.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Friday, May 21st.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW Radio broadcasts out of Moh’kins’tsis (Calgary, AB) at the University of Calgary campus radio station located on Treaty 7 land. CJSW would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. CJSW would also like to note that the University of Calgary is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.