CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire seven positions over the course of this year’s eligibility period.
These positions are limited to Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30.
The Production Assistant will assist with creating and cataloguing CJSW-produced audio and video content with an emphasis on spoken word content. This position will work with CJSW’s Programming Department.
Term: 9 weeks at 30 hours per week @ $16.50 per hour. Applications will be accepted from November 12th, 2021 to 12pm on November 29th, 2021 with work ideally commencing on the week of December 6th, 2021.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist CJSW’s Production Coordinator and Spoken Word Coordinator in creating content for broadcast and web that tells the stories of those in the Treaty 7 community, including podcasts, PSAs, special segments, etc.
- Coordinate and train volunteers alongside CJSW’s Production.
- Coordinator to help with audio creation.
- Assist CJSW’s Production Coordinator and Spoken Word Coordinator with editing of ongoing CJSW projects.
- Create a plan to better archive and catalogue future on-air interviews and musical performances.
- Digitally archive, catalogue and tag materials for future access and use, and potentially make these materials available to the public based on cultural relevance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and willing to initiate projects.
- Strong understanding of the communities within Treaty 7 territory and the desire to share their stories.
- Strong written and verbal communication and strong leadership.
- Good decision-making abilities to solve problems.
- Creative and open to ideas.
- Desire to develop technical and practical (“hands on”) skills through experience.
- A working knowledge of sound production facilities and technology, including Logic Pro, digital recorders, etc. is considered an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, November 29th, 2021.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).