CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient of funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient of funding, CJSW will hire seven positions over the course of this year’s eligibility period.
These positions are limited to Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Social Media Coordinator. The Social Media Coordinatorwill be working intensively on all aspects of CJSW’s online presence. The successful candidate will work closely with all CJSW staff and will be reporting to the Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager.
Term: 9 weeks at 30 hours per week. Applications will be accepted from May 13th, 2021 to 12pm on May 21st, 2021 with work ideally commencing on the week of June 1st, 2021.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitor all social media platforms for CJSW, providing positive engagement with our listeners and supporters.
- Actively post to social media platforms, providing valuable information to our followers, around the arts, CJSW, our industry, partnerships, and programming.
- Create and distribute content for CJSW’s activities, including press releases, newsletters, posters, and mailouts.
- Manage internal calendars including event listings, giveaways, and on-air features.
- Develop and track performance metrics on a monthly basis, in order to monitor and measure the effectiveness of social media campaigns and to track progress.
- Design marketing collateral for CJSW, including print and web assets.
- Provide support in producing and editing video content.
- Prepare and maintain internal mailing lists and execute mailouts for outreach campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills.
- A general understanding of CJSW and its activities.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media channels and scheduling tools, and email marketing software is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative or another creative editing software is considered an asset.
- Experience and comfort with photography and videography is considered an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work at a high level, both independently and in a team environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Friday, May 21st.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW Radio broadcasts out of Moh’kins’tsis (Calgary, AB) at the University of Calgary campus radio station located on Treaty 7 land. CJSW would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. CJSW would also like to note that the University of Calgary is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.