CJSW 90.9 FM has applied for grants for a number of summer positions this year through the Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient, CJSW will be hiring seven (7) positions in ranging terms from July 2020 through February 2021 to keep within best practices for COVID-19 mitigation.
This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
This position is limited to individuals between the ages of 18 and 30.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).
Funding Drive Coordinator
Applications Open: September 7, 2020 at 9:00 am.
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020 at 5:00pm
Anticipated Start Date: September 28, 2020
Term Length: September – November 2020, 8 weeks at 30 hours per week
The Funding Drive Coordinator assists with essential tasks related to our October Funding Drive campaign, and supports our annual Friends of CJSW program. This position is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager to plan and execute CJSW Radio’s 2020 Funding Drive.
- Work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to fill volunteer positions throughout the Funding Drive.
- Contacting local Friends businesses throughout Calgary and collecting pledge incentives.
- Organizing and maintaining the inventory of CJSW merchandise and incentives.
- Maintaining donor database software with all CJSW Funding Drive contributors, and training volunteers on its use.
- Being a station ambassador when speaking to local businesses.
- Creating a very positive donor experience for our supporters.
- Organizing mail-outs for donors.
- Mailing out pledge incentives to donors.
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills.
- A general understanding of CJSW and its activities.
- Skills in word processing and spreadsheet software (Google Drive, MS Office) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of DonorPerfect, or another CRM database software is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Shopify, or another online sales platform is considered an asset.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, detail-oriented, and is able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work at a high level, both independently and in a team environment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file titled “Funding Drive Coordinator – Your Name“. Applications can be submitted by email to CJSW Station Manager at [email protected]. Applications open September 7, 2020 at 9:00 am. Deadline to apply is September 18, 2020 at 5:00 pm.