CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is hiring for the position of Production Coordinator for a two-year contract.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the station’s production-related content. This will include training volunteers in audio editing software and techniques, producing on-air material, scheduling and tracking on-air advertising, and drawing upon the CJSW membership to create pre-produced content on deadline. Most importantly, they will provide leadership, supervision and guidance to a team of volunteers that devote their time and energy to CJSW.
Please note that the work week for the Production Coordinator is Tuesday through Saturday.
– Coordinate, manage, and draw upon a group of production volunteers to create CJSW’s pre-produced on-air content, from monthly themes to funding drive audio.
– Mentor and train volunteers in editing audio, voicing techniques, script-writing, and creation of podcasts.
– Regularly script, edit, produce and schedule show promos, station ids and advertisements.
– Manage and uphold quality standards, ensuring a high quality yet diverse sound for CJSW’s pre-produced on-air material.
– Work closely with other CJSW staff members to ensure the produced content fits the direction and vision of the Programming Committee.
– Maintain an ongoing list of projects and spots that need to be created and utilize volunteers to ensure these are completed by deadline.
– Encourage and assist current programmers in developing and producing material for their programs.
– Use and maintain the production training program (written manual and audio guide) to train new volunteers on audio production and equipment.
– Design and produce Funding Drive audio.
– Experience supervising a large group of volunteers and working one-on-one and one-on-many with volunteers at varying levels of skill with writing, voicing, audio editing.
– A comprehensive knowledge of Logic Pro and/or other audio production software.
– A thorough knowledge, experience and appreciation of all aspects of campus and community radio, from non-commercial music to news and podcasts.
– Strong creative and technical writing skills.
– Copywriting, audio editing, and on-air broadcasting experience.
– Ability to coordinate and manage volunteers while remaining on deadline and adapting to changing workloads.
– Basic knowledge of CRTC regulations.
– Live sound engineering experience/knowledge is an asset.
– A progressive attitude and good stress management skills.
– Experience in a non-profit organization setting is an asset.
– Post-secondary education and production audio editing experience is an asset.
The person hired for the position of Production Coordinator will have plans and ideas for developing the production department of the station and guiding the overall sound of CJSW.
In return for your extraordinary talents, we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
Monday, March 26th at 5pm.
Position Start Date:
Early April 2018
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.