With the exception of five paid staff, CJSW is run entirely by a group of over two hundred volunteers, and we’re always looking for new blood to join the CJSW ranks.
To become a CJSW volunteer, follow these simple steps:
- Read the FAQ on our site. This will help clear up any questions or misconceptions you may have.
- Fill out a volunteer application form. If you fill it out online, please be as thorough as possible. You can use the online submission form or drop by the CJSW offices and fill out a Volunteer Application Form in person at our headquarters, Room 312 in MacEwan Hall at the University of Calgary.
- Await an email from our Training Coordinator about registering for a basic training session. Our next sessions are scheduled according to demand, so please e-mail to let us know you’re interested!
- Go through basic training. Basic training has been described by many as the most enjoyable and enlightening experience ever (that is, until they start actually volunteering with the station).
- Come on down and volunteer! Stop by the CJSW offices and talk to our Volunteer Coordinator about how you can get involved. If you can’t make it to CJSW during office hours, email our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about volunteer opportunities that might be available outside of office hours.
Now get to it!