CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2022 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire a Canadian citizen between the ages of 18 and 30 for this role.
The Production Assistant will assist with creating CJSW-produced audio and video content with an emphasis on podcast, fund-raising and advertising content creation. This position will report to CJSW’s Programming Department.
Term: 8 weeks at 35 hours per week @ $17.00 per hour. Applications will be accepted from April 29th, 2022 to 12pm on May 9th, 2022 with work ideally commencing on the week of June 27th, 2022.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist CJSW’s Programming department in creating content for broadcast and web that tells the stories of those in the Calgary and greater Treaty 7 community, including podcasts, PSAs, special segments, etc
- Coordinate and train volunteers alongside CJSW’s Production Coordinator to help with audio creation
- Assist CJSW’s Production Coordinator and Spoken Word Coordinator with editing of ongoing CJSW projects
- Create specialty content for CJSW’s annual Funding Drive
- Digitally archive, catalogue and tag materials for future access and use, and potentially
- make these materials available to the public based on cultural relevance
- Develop projects that engage multicultural students associations and community associations and aid them in the production of these projects
- Work with the Spoken Word Coordinator to develop content (podcast, talk segments, etc) reflecting the collaboration with community associations, student groups, and more
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated and willing to initiate projects
- Strong understanding of the communities CJSW serves and the desire to share those stories
- Strong written and verbal communication and strong leadership
- Good decision-making abilities to solve problems
- Creative and open to ideas
- Desire to develop technical and practical (“hands on”) skills through experience
- A working knowledge of sound production facilities and technology, including Logic Pro, digital recorders, etc. is considered an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, May 9th, 2022.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).