CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is hiring for the position of Production Coordinator for a six-month contract. This contract may have the potential for extension and/or renewal at the end of the term. The standard workweek for the Production Coordinator is Tuesday through Saturday based on 25 – 37.5 hours of work per week. The rate of pay is $19.50 an hour with pay coming twice a month.
The Production Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of the station’s production-related content. This will include training volunteers in audio editing software and techniques, producing on-air material, scheduling and tracking on-air advertising, and drawing upon the CJSW membership to create pre-produced content on deadline. Most importantly, they will provide leadership, supervision and guidance to a team of volunteers that devote their time and energy to CJSW.
- Coordinate, manage, and draw upon a group of production volunteers to create CJSW’s pre-produced on-air content, from monthly themes to funding drive audio.
- Mentor and train volunteers in editing audio, voicing techniques, script-writing, and creation of pre-produced content.
- Regularly script, edit, produce and schedule advertisements, station IDs and show promos.
- Manage and uphold quality standards, ensuring a high quality yet diverse sound for CJSW’s pre-produced on-air material.
- Work closely with other CJSW staff members to ensure the produced content fits the direction and vision of the Programming Committee.
- Maintain an ongoing list of projects and spots that need to be created and utilize volunteers to ensure these are completed by the deadline.
- Encourage and assist current programmers in developing and producing material for their programs.
- Use and maintain the production training manuals to train new volunteers on audio production and equipment.
- Design and produce Funding Drive audio.
- Experience supervising a large group of volunteers and working one-on-one and one-on-many with volunteers at varying levels of skill with writing, voicing, audio editing.
- A comprehensive knowledge of Logic Pro and/or other audio production software.
- A thorough knowledge, experience and appreciation of all aspects of campus and community radio, from non-commercial music to news and podcasts.
- Strong creative and technical writing skills.
- Copywriting, audio editing, and on-air broadcasting experience.
- Ability to coordinate and manage volunteers while remaining on deadline and adapting to changing workloads.
- Basic knowledge of CRTC regulations.
- Live sound engineering experience/knowledge is an asset.
- A progressive attitude and good stress management skills.
- Experience in a non-profit organization setting is an asset.
- Post-secondary education and production audio editing experience is an asset.
- Periodic schedule flexibility.
The person hired for the position of Production Coordinator will have plans and ideas about developing the production department of the station and guiding the overall pre-produced sound of CJSW.
In return for your extraordinary talents, we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment working at Calgary’s campus and community radio station.
Application Deadline: Friday, August 21 at 5:00 pm
Position Start Date: End of August 2020
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file titled “Production Coordinator – Your Name“. Applications can be submitted by email to CJSW Station Manager at [email protected].
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).