CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking to hire an energetic, innovative and community-minded individual for the position of Marketing & Development Director.
The Marketing & Development Director is focused on two major areas: CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and the growth and maintenance of community and campus partnerships. Furthermore, there will also be a sizeable public outreach component to the position.
The Marketing & Development Director works for 37.5 hours a week, with some work in the evenings and weekends required. This position reports directly to the Station Manager and is expected to collaborate with other CJSW staff and volunteers.
- Working closely with the Station Manager to develop and execute all aspects of CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and other fundraising and outreach activities
- Donor, sponsor and partner stewardship
- Curation and delivery of CJSW’s annual Friends Card program
- Coordinating all aspects of advertising and promotion at CJSW
- Collaborating with CJSW personnel to amplify CJSW’s profile on campus and in the community
- Pursuing program and event sponsorship with local businesses
- Providing volunteer training, organization and facilitation of CJSW promotional activities at community/cultural events
- Oversight of CJSW’s visual identity, social media presence and other marketing opportunities
- Leadership and guidance for temporary/contract employees and CJSW volunteers
- Grant-writing support
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience with fundraising and marketing at a non-profit organization
- Previous experience organizing and executing events
- Strong leadership, teamwork and volunteer management skills
- Ability to work and be motivated independently
- Strong, confidant and customer service-oriented communication skills
- Demonstrable acumen for social media
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on digital data management
- Familiarity with FreshBooks, Shopify, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and donor management software are assets
- A comprehensive understanding of CJSW as an organization and its place in the community
- Deep knowledge and established relationships within Calgary’s arts and culture scene
In return for your time and talents, we offer a fun, unique environment working with a high-performing team of staff and volunteers, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF file titled “Marketing & Development Director – Your Name“. Applications can be submitted by email to CJSW Station Manager at [email protected]. The deadline to apply is Friday, February 12 at 12:00 pm.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW Radio broadcasts out of Moh’kins’tsis (Calgary, AB) at the University of Calgary campus radio station located on Treaty 7 land. CJSW would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. CJSW would also like to note that the University of Calgary is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.