CJSW Radio is looking to hire a part-time Podcast Coordinator to oversee the podcasting department at the station. Based on campus at the University of Calgary, CJSW 90.9 FM is one of Canada’s most established and respected campus and community radio stations.
The successful candidate for the Podcast Coordinator position is an excellent communicator, a proven administrator with a thorough knowledge of journalistic best practices, and exhibits a broad appreciation for all styles of original audio content creation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support the development of CJSW’s original pre-recorded talk show programming
- Recruit new podcasts and volunteers, while also developing existing shows and collectives
- Listen critically to podcasts and talk show content to review prior to broadcast
- Train volunteers of varying experience in every aspect of producing broadcast-worthy content
- Schedule podcast for the CJSW Originals and Echo Chamber blocks on CJSW’s 24/7 broadcast
- Act as liaison between CJSW and campus and community partners to develop content opportunities
- Evaluate existing CJSW podcasts and provide feedback to podcast hosts and producers
- Ensure CRTC regulations are met and best journalistic practices are present in all podcasts
- Upload podcasts to cjsw.com, Apple Podcasts, and other podcast-aggregating services
- Assist in the development of podcast images and descriptions
- Promote syndication of CJSW’s original content for use by other organizations
- Engage and lead volunteers to produce specialty programming (election coverage, documentaries, etc.)
- Assist in the production of original content
- Reports to the Program Director and Station Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- A comprehensive understanding and appreciation of campus/community radio and of all varieties of independent media and podcasting
- Ability to critically assess potential news stories and interviews in an ethical and timely manner
- Journalism training/experience and documentary production experience are assets
- Experience using platforms such as WordPress, Google Workspace, Office 365, and other organizational office software
- Experience with various audio editing software is essential; proficient using Logic Pro is an asset
- Being self-motivated, a creative thinker, and an excellent communicator
- Willing to initiate and support a wide array of projects and personalities with the goal of creating informative and entertaining programming
- A progressive attitude, good stress management, multi-tasking and organization skills are a must
- A post-secondary education is an asset
Term: 30 hours per week for a 12-month contract with potential for renewal at the end of term. The rate of pay is $32760 per annum or $21 per hour. This is a salaried position paid out bi-weekly. The successful candidate will have access to health and dental benefits.
**Applications Close: ** August 29th, 2022, at 12pm MST
**Position Start Date: ** As soon as possible
If you feel like you would be the right fit for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. CJSW is an equal opportunity employer.
Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW 90.9 FM broadcasts out of Moh’kins’tsis (Calgary, AB) at the University of Calgary campus radio station located on Treaty 7 land. I would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. I would also like to note that the University of Calgary is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.