CJSW Radio, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking for a fulltime Podcast Coordinator to oversee the news, spoken word and podcasting department at the station, one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community radio stations.
The successful candidate for the Podcast Coordinator position is a proven administrator with a thorough knowledge and broad appreciation for all types of and styles of original content creation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports to the Program Director and Station Manager
- Train volunteers of varying experience in every aspect of producing broadcast-worthy content
- Develop podcast and news content for FM broadcast and online exclusive broadcast
- Develop ideas and coordinating production of CJSW’s pre-recorded original content programming
- Schedule content to air for the CJSW original blocks on the grid
- Act as liaison between CJSW and campus and community partners to develop content opportunities
- Assist in the production of original content
- Evaluate existing CJSW programs and developing new content ideas with volunteers and staff
- Ensure CRTC regulations are met and best journalistic practices are present in all CJSW original podcast
- Post content to cjsw.com, iTunes and other podcast-aggregating services
- Assist in the development of podcast images and descriptions
- Promote syndication of CJSW’s original content for use by other organizations
- Engage and lead volunteers to produce specialty programming
- A comprehensive understanding and appreciation of campus/community radio and a deep knowledge of all varieties of independent news and radio/podcasting
- Ability to critically assess potential news stories and interviews in an ethical and timely manner
- Journalism training/experience and documentary production experience are assets
- Self-motivated and willing to initiate and support a wide array of projects
- Experience with Logic audio editing software is essential
- Experience working with and inspiring volunteers to create informative and entertaining programming
- Being an open-minded individual, creative thinker and excellent communicator
- A progressive attitude, good stress management, multi-tasking and organization skills are a must
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices is an asset
- Web development experience is an asset
- A post-secondary education is an asset
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
**Applications Close: ** October 6th, 2021 at 12pm MST
**Position Start Date: ** As soon as possible
If you feel like you would be the right fit for the position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW 90.9 FM broadcasts out of Moh’kins’tsis (Calgary, AB) at the University of Calgary campus radio station located on Treaty 7 land. I would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III. I would also like to note that the University of Calgary is situated on land adjacent to where the Bow River meets the Elbow River, and that the traditional Blackfoot name of this place is “Moh’kins’tsis”, which we now call the City of Calgary.