CJSW Radio, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking for a Program Director to oversee all on-air and online operations at the station, at one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community radio stations.
The successful candidate for the Program Director position should have a thorough knowledge and appreciation for a diverse array of audio content and creation. The position requires dedication and capacity for work that ranges from individual efforts to team projects. The Program Director reports to the Station Manager.
– Manage all on-air programming
– Train, support and monitor all volunteer programmers
– Act as a liaison between CJSW and the community we serve, the Canadian Radio Television Commission (CRTC), and SOCAN/CMRRA
– Develop and maintain station and programming policies
– Work with CJSW’s Programming Committee and staff in areas of program scheduling, assessment, and development
– Work closely with the Production Coordinator and Spoken Word Coordinator on content creation
– Receive and address programming concerns from the community
– Manage and maintain web content on cjsw.com
– Work with the Production Coordinator, Music Director, Broadcast Engineer and News Director to maintain a high level of on-air quality
– An understanding and appreciation of all aspects of campus/community radio
– Volunteer management experience
– Understanding CRTC programming requirements and CJSW’s programming mandate
– Practical, demonstrable experience in both musical and spoken word programming, production and editing
– Computer skills: basic admin software, file transfer applications, basic layout and design, etc
– Experience in community radio and/or community organization
– Experience in WordPress content management
– Progressive attitude in respect to developing and implementing new technologies and systems
– Ability to prioritize tasks; to set and achieve clear goals
– Described as an open minded individual with a desire to learn, creative thinker, excellent communicator/organizer with a record of energetic community engagement
– Progressive attitude with superior people skills, good stress management, initiative, multi-tasking and outstanding organizational skills are a must
– A post-secondary education is an asset
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
**Application Deadline:** Friday, November 29th, 2019 at 12pm MST
**Position Start Date:** As soon as possible
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject heading of Program Director Application.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW 90.9 FM broadcasts from Treaty 7 Territory. We are grateful to be broadcasting on the traditional territory of the Blackfoot, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III)