CJSW Radio is looking for a Music Director to handle all the operations of the Music Department at CJSW Radio – University of Calgary Student Radio Society, one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community radio stations.
The successful candidate for the Music Director position must be passionate and knowledgeable about a wide range of music. The position requires dedication and capacity for work that ranges from individual efforts to team projects. The reward is making a palpable difference in the music community and evolving the legacy of CJSW’s unmistakable sound.
- Create the station’s new release section (chartlist) and compile weekly charts
- Manage Volunteers and seasonal staff
- Liaise with artists and promotional representatives
- Stay current with music trends in all genres
- Oversee library related volunteer projects, such as cataloguing and maintenance
- Train and coordinate volunteers in all aspects of the Music Department
- Oversee and maintain an expansive digital library
- Evaluate existing CJSW programs and develop new program ideas
- Collaborate with local musicians to promote their projects
- Schedule and execute interviews and live performances with musicians
- Maintain an active CJSW presence in the music community (locally, nationally and internationally)
- Engineer live performances
- Capture and edit live video content
- Edit and produce music related podcasts
- Other duties as assigned
- An understanding and appreciation of all aspects of campus / community radio and a knowledge and passion for all varieties of non-commercial music
- Involvement in the local music community
- Proficiency in a Mac environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and iTunes are essential
- Described as an open minded individual, creative thinker and excellent communicator
- Progressive attitude, multi-tasking and superior organization skills are a must
- Strong interview skills are an asset
- Knowledge of Logic Pro X, Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software is an asset
- Sound engineering and video production experience are assets
- Volunteer management experience is an asset
- On-air radio experience is an asset
- A post-secondary education is an asset
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a decent salary and some attractive benefits.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]