CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire two Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 for the role of Audio/Video Producer.
The Audio/Video Producer will work closely with CJSW’s Music & Performance Director to capture and produce audio and video content. This producer will focus on audio and video production for CJSW Live Sessions, as well as developing content from archival audio. In addition to in-studio performances, the A/V Producer will work with full-time staff to develop other original content; this could include, but is not limited to, local music-focused programming and podcasts, retrospectives, live-streams, creative video companion pieces.
The successful candidates for the Audio/Video Producer position should have a thorough knowledge and broad appreciation for all types of and styles of original content creation with a focus on audio and video production and editing.
We are seeking a pair of enthusiastic and talented team players to fill the positions of Audio/Video Producer. The timeline of employment for each respective Audio/Video Producer is:
- Position #1: mid-May to mid-July 2022
- Position #2: late-June to late August 2022
Term: 8 weeks at 35 hours per week @ $17.00 per hour per position. Applications will be accepted from April 29th, 2022 to 12pm on May 9th, 2022 with work ideally commencing on the week of May 16th, 2022 for Position #1 and June 27th, 2022 for Position #2.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reports primarily to the Music & Performance Director
- Recording, filming and editing content for FM broadcast and online broadcast
- Developing ideas, coordinating production and executing projects pertaining to CJSW original content programming which includes, but is not limited to, live sound engineering, video capture and production
- Acting as liaison between CJSW and festival and venue partners to develop content opportunities
- Updating a guide of best practices for audio/video engineering at CJSW
- Training volunteers on how to use equipment and create content
- Engineering and capturing performances at CJSW’s all-ages concert venue, The McHugh House
- Posting content to cjsw.com, YouTube and other online platforms
- Promoting syndication of CJSW’s original content for online consumption and use by other organizations
- Other duties as assigned
- Comprehensive understanding and appreciation of audio and video production
- Experience with Logic audio editing software is an asset
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Final Cut
- Some experience with live sound engineering is an asset
- Ability to critically assess recordings and make competent edits
- Self-motivated and willing to initiate projects
- Experience working with and inspiring volunteers
- Described as an open minded individual, creative thinker and excellent communicator
- Progressive attitude, good stress management, multi-tasking and organization skills are a must
- Familiarity with various social media platforms is an asset
- Web development experience is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, May 9th, 2022.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).