CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2022 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire two Canadian citizens between the ages of 18 and 30 for this role.
The Festival & Outreach Coordinator creates assets including posters, print ads, brochures, and other material as required. This individual will also oversee the transport and set-up of CJSW’s presence at a number of events in Calgary and area. The successful candidate will work closely with all CJSW staff and volunteers. Festival & Outreach Coordinator will be reporting to the Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager.
We are seeking a pair of enthusiastic and talented team players to fill the positions of Festival & Outreach Coordinators. The timeline of employment for each respective Festival & Outreach Coordinator is:
- Position #1: mid-May to mid-July 2022
- Position #2: late-June to late August 2022
Term: 8 weeks at 35 hours per week @ $17.00 per hour per position. Applications will be accepted from April 29th, 2022 to 12pm on May 9th, 2022 with work ideally commencing on the week of May 16th, 2022 for Position #1 and June 27th, 2022 for Position #2.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaise with summer festivals to fulfill CJSW’s obligations as a festival partner. CJSW historically sponsors over 40 festivals each summer including Marda Gras, Calgary International Blues Fest, Calgary International Film Festival, Calgary Folk Music Festival, Greek Festival, Sled Island and many more
- Work with the CJSW Marketing & Development Director to plan and finalize sponsorship contracts with the organizations running festivals in Calgary
- Ensure the implementation of on-air and print advertisements associated with sponsorship agreements and the Production Coordinator
- Schedule and train volunteers to be at festival booths and provide community outreach
- Coordinate and create CJSW promotional materials such as brochures, program guides, etc. to enhance the festival outreach experience
- Develop and implement creative outreach strategy at the CJSW promotional booth during festivals
- Organize and oversee live, remote broadcasts
- Transport and set-up CJSW’s mobile promotions kit at festivals throughout Calgary and area
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communicator with strong organizational and delegation skills
- Strong leader able to train volunteers and get others motivated
- Prepared to balance a number of priorities against tight deadlines
- Open minded and prepared to work with culturally diverse groups, organizations, and volunteers
- Ability to organize and coordinate large numbers of volunteers
- Problem-solving, setting timelines and following up with phone and email correspondence is an important part of this multi-project-based position
- Experience with computers, graphic and/or art design is an asset
- Access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, May 9th.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).