CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire a Canadian citizen between the ages of 18 and 30 for this role.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Social Media Coordinator. The Social Media Coordinator will be working intensively on all aspects of CJSW’s online presence, including advance scheduling, social media strategy development and more. The successful candidate will work closely with all CJSW staff and will be reporting to the Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager.
Term: 8 weeks at 35 hours per week @ $17.00 per hour. Applications will be accepted from April 29th, 2022 to 12pm on May 9th, 2022 with work ideally commencing on the week of May 16th, 2022.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Monitor all social media platforms for CJSW, providing positive engagement with our listeners and supporters
- Actively post to social media platforms, providing valuable information to our followers, around the arts, CJSW, our industry, partnerships, and programming
- Create and distribute content for CJSW’s activities, including press releases, newsletters, posters, and mailouts
- Manage internal calendars including event listings, giveaways, and on-air features
- Develop and track performance metrics on a monthly basis, in order to monitor and measure effectiveness of social media campaigns and to track progress
- Design marketing collateral for CJSW, including print and web assets
- • Provide support in producing and editing video content
- Prepare and maintain internal mailing lists and execute mailouts for outreach campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills
- A general understanding of CJSW and its activities
- Knowledge and understanding of social media channels and scheduling tools, and email marketing software is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative, or another creative editing software is considered an asset
- Experience and comfort with photography and videography is considered an asset
- Exceptional verbal and written skills
- Ability to work at a high level, both independently and in a team environment
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, May 9th.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).