CJSW 90.9 FM is a successful recipient for funding from the 2021 Canada Summer Jobs program. As a successful recipient for funding, CJSW will hire a Canadian citizen between the ages of 18 and 30 for this role.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team player to fill the position of Community Outreach Coordinator. This position will play a crucial role in developing, implementing and organizing outreach initiatives for CJSW Radio, as well as online opportunities. This position will be responsible for the growth and stewardship of CJSW’s Friends Card program, a successful collaboration between CJSW and local businesses.The successful candidate will report to CJSW’s Marketing & Development Director and Station Manager.
Term: 8 weeks at 35 hours per week @ $17.00 per hour. Applications will be accepted from April 29th, 2022 to 12pm on May 9th, 2022 with work ideally commencing on the week of May 16th, 2022.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Preparation for, and attendance at, outreach events taking place virtually and physically, developing our audience and communicating our offerings
- Identify potential outreach partnerships with community organizations, building internal mailing lists and execute mailings for outreach campaigns
- Contribute to the production and distribution of all outreach and promotional materials, including program guides, event handbills, posters, booklets, signage, and other marketing collateral as needed
- Assist in the development of an online community and campus engagement strategy
- Work with the Marketing & Development Director and local small businesses on CJSW’s Friends Card program
- Other duties as required
- A passion for the arts, and an eagerness to develop your skills
- A passion and interest in community development and engagement
- A general understanding of CJSW and its activities
- Skills in word processing and spreadsheet software (Google Drive, MS Office) is considered an asset
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube
- Experience and comfort with photography and videography would be considered an asset
- High level skills in verbal and written communication, volunteer leadership, and organization and time management
- Preparedness to work with culturally diverse groups, organizations, and volunteers
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email to [email protected] on or before 12:00pm on Monday, May 9th.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).