CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking to hire for the position of CJSW Community Development Coordinator for a one year contract.
The Community Development Coordinator is focused on two major areas: CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and community partnerships. There will also be a large public outreach component to the position. The job is full time, with some work in the evenings and weekends required.
- Working closely with the Station Manager to develop and execute a plan for the 2017 Funding Drive
- Organizing and steering special projects, including CJSW’s all-ages gear loan program
- Developing stronger relationships with CJSW Friends Card businesses
- Coordinating all advertising, contesting and general promotion with partner organizations
- Increasing the number of organizations partnered with the station
- Pursuing more partnership opportunities with local businesses
- Organizing and facilitating outreach tables and promotion at community events
- Previous experience with a CJSW Funding Drive or another fundraiser
- Previous experience organizing events
- Strong leadership and volunteer management skills
- Ability to work and be motivated independently
- Strong communication skills, especially related to contacting new individuals
- Excellent organizational skills
- An understanding of CJSW as an organization and radio station
- Deep knowledge about Calgary’s arts and culture scene
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a salary of $35,100 and some lovely benefits.
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 29, 2017.
Position Start Date: As soon as the selected candidate is available.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.