Jasmine Retzer, our long-time Volunteer Coordinator, has accepted the position of Community Development Coordinator here at CJSW. Congratulations, Jasmine! That means we’re on the lookout for our next superstar Volunteer Coordinator.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, a natural team-builder, a motivated and innovative self-starter, and have an interest in enabling CJSW’s diverse and ever-changing volunteer membership to thrive in a truly unique environment. The position requires strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent communication (both verbal and written), patience, and a good sense of humour.
The Volunteer Coordinator position will start on August 9th, 2017 and is contracted for a period of two years. This position is based on a 37.5 hour work week that generally follows a Tuesday-Saturday cycle. However, the successful candidate will have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Station Manager.
– Working with other CJSW staff to engage, manage and lead 250+ volunteers of varying backgrounds and experience levels.
– Working with staff and senior volunteers to develop volunteer recruitment, intake and training systems.
– Performing daily reception tasks such as answering phones, greeting visitors, giving tours of the station, and processing Funding Drive pledges.
– Developing talent and dedication within the volunteer base, and working with all CJSW staff to foster rewarding volunteer opportunities.
– Collaborating with all departments on how to effectively motivate CJSW’s volunteer-led Executive.
– Engaging with staff and volunteers to effectively utilize Better Impact, CJSW’s volunteer management software.
– Working with all departments to utilize volunteers to help plan, prepare and execute events.
– Preparing reports on volunteer activity, engagement and recognition.
– Understanding the culture of CJSW, and act as the front-line representative of the organization to volunteers and guests.
– Other duties as required.
– A clear and accurate understanding of CJSW’s culture and our impact in the Calgary community.
– Experience with volunteer-powered environments.
– Strong organizational, administrative, and leadership skills are a must.
– Proven mentorship and event-management experience is an asset.
– Post-secondary education is an asset, but is not required.
– Ability to manage a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
– An interest in underground music or alternative media is an asset.
– Demonstrated conflict resolution and people management skills.
– Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment with many types of people.
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun one-of-a-kind environment, a starting salary of $35,100, and some lovely benefits.
Monday, July 31 2017 at 5:00 PM.
Position Start Date:
Tuesday, August 8th, 2017.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.