CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking to hire an energetic and community-minded individual for the position of CJSW Community Development Coordinator for a two-year contract.
The Community Development Coordinator is focused on two major areas: CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and the growth and maintenance of community and campus partnerships. Furthermore, there will also be a sizeable public outreach component to the position. The Community Development Coordinator is 37.5 hours a week, with some work in the evenings and weekends required.
- Work closely with the Station Manager to develop and execute all aspects of CJSW’s annual Funding Drive
- Manage donor, sponsor and partner stewardship
- Coordinate all aspects of advertising, contests and general promotion at CJSW
- Elevate CJSW’s profile on the U of C campus and in the city of Calgary
- Pursue program and event sponsorship with local businesses
- Provide training, organization and facilitation of CJSW promotional activities at community/cultural events
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience with fundraising and marketing at a non-profit organization
- Previous experience organizing and executing events
- Strong leadership and volunteer management skills
- Ability to work and be motivated independently
- Strong, confident and customer service-oriented communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on digital data management
- Familiarity with FreshBooks, Shopify and Adobe Creative Suite are assets
- An understanding of CJSW as an organization and radio station
- Deep knowledge and established relationships within Calgary’s arts and culture scene
In return for your time and talents, we offer a fun, unique environment working with a high-performing team of staff and volunteers, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
Application Deadline: Friday, May 11th at 12:00pm
Position Start Date: As soon as the selected candidate is available.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).