CJSW Marketing & Development Director
CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking to hire an energetic, organized and community-minded individual for the position of Marketing & Development Director.
The Marketing & Development Director is focused on two major areas: CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and the growth and maintenance of community and campus partnerships via advertising and sponsorships. Additionally, there will also be a sizeable public outreach component, both online and in-person to the position.
The Marketing & Development Director works for 37.5 hours a week, with some work in the evenings and weekends required. This position reports directly to the Station Manager and collaborates with other CJSW staff and volunteers.
- Working closely with the Station Manager to develop and execute all aspects of CJSW’s annual Funding Drive and other fundraising and outreach activities
- Donor, sponsor and client growth/stewardship
- Organization and execution of CJSW’s annual Friends Card program
- Coordinating all aspects of advertising and promotion at CJSW
- Collaborating with CJSW personnel to amplify CJSW’s profile on the U of C campus and in the city of Calgary
- Pursuing program and event sponsorship with local businesses/organizations
- Providing volunteer training, organization and facilitation of CJSW promotional activities at community/cultural events
- Oversight of CJSW’s visual identity, social media presence and other marketing opportunities
- Leadership and guidance for temporary/contract employees and CJSW volunteers
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience with fundraising and marketing at a non-profit organization
- Superior organizational skills with an emphasis in digital data management
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous experience organizing and executing events is an asset
- Strong leadership, teamwork and volunteer management skills
- Ability to work and be motivated independently
- Strong, confidant and customer service-oriented communication skills
- Demonstrable acumen for social media
- Familiarity with FreshBooks, Shopify, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and donor management software are assets
- A comprehensive understanding of CJSW as an organization and its place in the community
- Deep knowledge and established relationships within Calgary’s arts and culture scene
- Grant-writing experience is an asset
In return for your time and talents, we offer a fun, unique environment working with a high-performing team of staff and volunteers, a decent salary and some lovely benefits.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 17th at 12:00pm
Position Start Date: As soon as the selected candidate is available.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW 90.9FM broadcasts from Calgary, Alberta, Canada on Treaty 7 Territory of the Blackfoot Confederacy, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).