CJSW Radio, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking for a Program Director to develop and give guidance to all on-air and online programming at the station, one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community broadcasters.
The successful candidate for the Program Director position should have a thorough knowledge and appreciation for a diverse array of audio content and creation, with a focus on independent and underground media. The position requires dedication and capacity for work that ranges from individual efforts to team projects. The Program Director works closely with, and reports to the Station Manager.
– Manage all aspects of CJSW programming on both online and terrestrial platforms
– Manage and support all volunteer programmers
– Act as a liaison between CJSW and the communities we serve, the Canadian Radio Television Commission (CRTC), and SOCAN/CMRRA
– Ensure CJSW’s programming falls in line with its CRTC broadcast license obligations
– Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to foster and develop new programmers, with a focus on UCalgary student programmers
– Develop and maintain station and programming policies and best practices
– Work with CJSW’s Programming Committee and staff in areas of program scheduling, assessment, and development
– Manage the Podcast Coordinator and Production Coordinator to ensure excellence in pre-recorded content creation
– Receive and address programming concerns from CJSW listenership
– Manage and maintain web content on cjsw.com and the CJSW app with the station’s web developers or independently
– Work with station staff, volunteers and contractors on special projects
– An understanding and appreciation of all aspects of campus/community radio
– Volunteer and team management experience
– Understanding CRTC programming requirements and CJSW’s programming mandate
– Practical, demonstrable experience in both musical and spoken word programming, production and editing
– Computer skills: basic admin software, file transfer applications, basic layout and design, etc
– Experience in community radio and/or non-profit organization
– Experience in WordPress content management
– Experience with project management
– Progressive attitude in respect to developing and implementing new technologies and systems
– Ability to prioritize tasks; to set and achieve clear goals
– Described as a progressive individual with a desire to learn, creative thinker, excellent communicator/organizer with a record of energetic community engagement
– Progressive attitude with superior people skills, good stress management, initiative, multi-tasking and outstanding organizational skills are a must
– A post-secondary education is an asset
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a salary starting at 45k per annum and some lovely benefits.
**Application Deadline:** Monday, January 9th, 2022 at 12pm MST
**Position Start Date:** As soon as possible
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject heading of Program Director Application.
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CJSW 90.9 FM broadcasts from Treaty 7 Territory. We are grateful to be broadcasting on the traditional territory of the Blackfoot, which includes the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai. Treaty 7 is also home to the Tsuut’ina, the Stoney Nakoda and Métis Nation of Alberta (Region III).