CJSW 90.9 FM, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is hiring for the position of Volunteer Coordinator.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, a natural team-builder and a dedicated organizer. The successful candidate for this role will possess an interest in recruiting, leading and empowering CJSW’s diverse and ever-changing volunteer membership to thrive in a truly unique environment. This position also requires strong multi-tasking and administrative skills, excellent communication, both verbal and written, patience and a good sense of humour.
The Volunteer Coordinator position will start as soon as possible and is contracted for a period of two years with the potential of extension. This position is based on a 37.5 hour work week that generally follows a Tuesday-Saturday schedule. The successful candidate will have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends on occasion. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Station Manager.
- Working with other CJSW staff to engage, manage and lead 250+ volunteers of varying backgrounds, engagement and experience levels.
- Working with staff and senior volunteers to develop volunteer recruitment, intake and training systems.
- Performing daily reception tasks such as answering phones, greeting visitors, giving tours of the station, and general maintenance and upkeep of the CJSW spaces.
- Developing talent and dedication within the volunteer base, with a particular focus on recruiting volunteers among current undergraduate students at the University of Calgary.
- Working with all CJSW staff to foster rewarding volunteer opportunities and recognition.
- Collaborating with all departments on how to effectively engage volunteers with all station operations.
- Engaging with staff and volunteers to effectively utilize CJSW’s volunteer management software, Better Impact.
- Working with all departments to utilize volunteers to help plan, prepare and execute events, such as McHugh House events and other special activations as they arise.
- Preparing reports on volunteer activity, engagement and recognition.
- Understanding and fostering the ever changing culture of CJSW
- Acting as the front-line representative of the organization to volunteers and guests.
- Fostering a safe work environment by implementing safety recommendations as CJSW’s designated Occupational Health and Safety Representative.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate is:
- Someone who is comfortable working as a mentor and manager of people.
- Big-hearted, open-minded and passionate.
- Organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- A strong listener, with skills in conflict resolution.
- A natural self-starter with an interest in learning and teaching.
- Enjoys developing and implementing new ideas into action.
- Interested in community-building, underground culture and alternative media.
- A clear and accurate understanding of CJSW’s culture, and the station’s place in the Calgary community.
- Experience with volunteer-powered environments.
- Strong organizational, administrative and leadership skills.
- Post-secondary education is an asset, but is not required.
- Experience working with members of vulnerable populations, i.e youth and those living with disability.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience with audio and/or video production and engineering is an asset
Terms: Pay starts at 41k per year, with potential for negotiation depending on experience and qualifications. This position is for 37.5 hours per week. This salaried position is paid out bi-weekly. The successful candidate will have access to a modest health and dental benefit package upon completion of the three-month probationary period.
**Applications Close: ** November 14th, 2022, at 12pm MST
**Position Start Date: ** As soon as possible
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.