CJSW Radio, the University of Calgary Student Radio Society, is looking for a Program Director to handle all on-air operations at the station, one of Canada’s most established and respected campus/community radio stations.
The successful candidate for the Program Director position should have a thorough knowledge and appreciation for audio creation and community-oriented organizations.
– Manage all on-air programming
– Train and monitor all volunteer programmers
– Act as a liaison to the community, the CRTC, and SOCAN
– Develop and maintain station and programming policies
– Work with the Programming Committee in areas of program scheduling, assessment, and development
– Handle programming concerns with programmers
– Receive and address programming concerns from the community
– Work with the Production Coordinator, Music Director, and News Director to maintain a high level of on-air quality
– Coordinate special broadcast weeks (including Funding Drive and Listener Appreciation Week)
– An understanding and appreciation of all aspects of campus/community radio
– Demonstrated ability to work with volunteers
– Understanding CRTC programming requirements and CJSW’s programming mandate
– Practical experience in both musical and spoken word programming and production
– Computer skills: basic office, file transfer applications, basic layout and design, etc
– Radio production and/or digital audio editing
– Experience in community radio and/or community organization
– Ability to prioritize tasks; to set and achieve clear goals
– Described as an open minded individual, creative thinker and excellent communicator
– Progressive attitude, good stress management, multi-tasking and organization skills are a must
– A post-secondary education is an asset
In return for your extraordinary talents we offer a fun, one-of-a-kind environment, a starting salary of $41,000 and some lovely benefits.
Application Deadline: Monday, June 20, 2016
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
CJSW is an equal opportunity employer. Everyone is thanked for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.